Monday, June 20, 2011

So Many Paintings, So Little Time

It seems to me lately that I go to bed on Monday and when I wake up the next day it is Friday already!!  Time is just whizzing by!  And that creates a dilemma... I have so many watercolor paintings to be painted and so little time to paint them.  Yesterday the grandchildren were all here for Father's Day and everyone went to the community pool to swim... except me and I went to take photos!!  With 3 boys and a girl all ranging in age from 15 to 4 I knew I was bound to get at least one great painting prospect ... and sure enough I got two!
I know you are probably wondering what I see in this photo that is worth painting (besides my granddaughter!)  Look what happens when I put it in photoshop and tweak it a little:

I really like the radial composition and I think that is what makes this work even though her face is right in the center.

And this photo:
becomes this reference for a painting:

Now all I have to do is complete the three paintings I am working on and I have two more ready to start... well almost ready.

How about you?  How many paintings do you have going?  And, more importantly, do you have enough time in the days to do all the paintings you have in your head?  Me either...

Be Still My Art,

Kay




No comments:

Post a Comment