These are some thoughts from Timothy Clark when he was at Watermedia 2003 in Houston. (Gosh that was a long time ago!!)
- Line inherits shape, shape inherits form, form is enhanced by value, value is enhanced by color.
- Pattern is 2-D and texture is 3-D.
- If you deal with shape and value, form will take care of itself.
- Composition is the way you organize the elements ~ organize with an underlying element (ie - triangles)
- Be aware of the emotion that you want.
- Local color + Light + Shadow = fully rounded form.
- If you paint orange on top of yellow your blue won't turn green in a sky.