Friday, July 15, 2011

"The Swimmer"...WIP

I didn't have a lot of time to paint today, but did manage a little time with my brush and paint.  Here is today's progress.
This is turning out to be some pretty tedious painting so things move along rather slowly.  At the moment it is difficult for me to wrap my head around the painting like I should so I just have to paint a little bit at a time.  I paint a little, leave it for a little while, then come back and paint a little then repeat the steps all day long.  Not the most ideal way to paint because I can't really get in the flow of the painting but it is the best I can manage at the time.  Do you ever have to just "make do" with the time you have to paint... and be happy you have that much?

These are some thoughts from Timothy Clark when he was at Watermedia 2003 in Houston. (Gosh that was a long time ago!!)

  • Line inherits shape, shape inherits form, form is enhanced by value, value is enhanced by color.
  • Pattern is 2-D and texture is 3-D.
  • If you deal with shape and value, form will take care of itself.
  • Composition is the way you organize the elements ~ organize with an underlying element (ie - triangles)
  • Be aware of the emotion that you want.
  • Local color + Light + Shadow = fully rounded form.
  • If you paint orange on top of yellow your blue won't turn green in a sky.
Be Still My Art,


Kay



No comments:

Post a Comment