Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Daydreamer... Completed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was a good day for my mom and she slept most of the morning.  Her sleeping allowed me time to paint... I keep a monitor in my studio so I can hear her and know if she needs me.  It felt so good to paint for several uninterrupted hours.  Painting has been my "Saving Grace".


Some things to keep in mind when painting ... from Stephen Quiller:
  1. See the stroke before you paint it.
  2. Variation: light against dark, transparent against opaque, warm against cool, etc.
  3. Rhythm in brush strokes
  4. Create both negative and positive shapes
  5. Create depth with overlapping forms
  6. Decisions on paintings come up again and again, so push through the painting... MAKE THOSE DECISIONS!
Be Still My Art,

Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment