Friday, June 10, 2011

Be Still My Art

 There have been moments in my life when something or someone has been so beautiful that my heart has fluttered and my breath has been short. In my mind, if not aloud, I have muttered a little "be still my heart" and I knew that moment had to be shared.  Ever have one of those moments?  Like when a grandson is born and is crying and the only one who can console him is his great grandmother...
...or when your granddaughter is swimming her heart out determined to win the race...

...or when your grandson is that rock star that he is certain he will be someday...



...or maybe you have a couple of big leaguers in the making...


It may be a moment when the morning sun is shining on a flower that has just bloomed, or the sun is coming through the window creating gorgeous lights and shadows.  Wherever you are and whatever you are doing you stop, grab the camera so you have a photo to jog your memory and the seed for the next painting has been planted.  Ever have one of those art moments?

My blog will be about those art moments that take my breath away and how I capture that moment for others to experience also.  The teacher in me may even come out sometimes and who knows what might happen then... it is said the best way to learn something is to teach it.

 I hope you will join me and share your art moments as well.

Be Still My Art,
Kay

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kay...you'll love the blogging world. Your site looks great and I love your work. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete